For fixing non load bearing bracing walls to trusses.
The BraceWall Bracket has been developed to connect the ceiling diaphram to the top of non load bearing walls and enables lateral loads to be distributed into bracing walls in accordance with AS1684.2 and AS1684.3 “Residential Timber-Framed Construction” clause 220.127.116.11 and AS1684.4 clause 18.104.22.168.
- Each BraceWall Bracket replace a pair of timber shear blocks.
- Acts simultaneously as an InternalWall Bracket.
- Easier and faster to install than timber shear blocks.
- Not prone to splitting (compared to timber blocks).
- Combines shear blocks and InternalWall brackets into one single fixing.
- Design capacity of 3.6kN as determined from full-scale tests.